Educator Library Card
The Lac La Biche County Libraries are committed to working with schools and educators. We recognize that library items used for educational purposes may be needed for longer than the standard three-week loan period. Educator Library Cards allow users to check out items for six weeks. The Educator Library Card is separate from an educator's personal library card. Educator Library Cards are to be used only for materials for curriculum support or classroom use. Educators must use their personal library cards for all library materials checked out for personal use.
Who qualifies for an educator card?
- Teachers working within Lac La Biche County OR
- Teachers of children in childcare, kindergarten through grade 12, Home School or Cyber School in Lac La Biche County.
How can an Educator get one of these cards?
Educators must visit either of our two library locations in person and bring valid identification, plus, one of the following documents as proof of educator status:
- School or childcare identification
- School or childcare employer pay stub
- Letter on school or childcare letterhead from the school Administrator or Childcare Director indicating current employment status
- Letter of acknowledgement regarding homeschooling status.
Educator library cards allow users to borrow books for 6 weeks, rather than the standard 3 week loan period. Some interlibrary loan materials may not fall within the 6 week borrowing period and renewals are not possible. An educator library card is separate from an educator's individual library card and educators are responsible for all charges accrued on their educator card, including those for lost materials.
Box Loans are now available!
Please call the ILL Clerk at 780-623-6372 with your subject requests. The library will place the requests, check items out to your educator library card and deliver the material to your school. Homeschooling box loans maybe picked up at the main branch.